This week’s artists explore the art of movement in its many forms.
* * *
1. Exploring the splendor of the female form in dance, REKA’s deft brushstrokes and fluid lines create a hypnotic dynamic movement that prances between his canvases at Stolen Space
2. Daniel Sturgis’ dizzying explorations of shape and form at Art First
3. Kelsey Brookes explores the science of sleep via Library Street Collective
4. Exploring the ideas of Goethe’s Colour Theory, though both painting and a botanical installation at Rook & Raven Gallery
5. James Nares’ High Speed Drawings demonstrates his masterful ability to capture precise moments in time and extend them through visual representation at Paul Kasmin Gallery
6. Space Age riffs on Lucio Fontana’s description of Spatialism (Spazialismo), which called for artists to expand their work into the third dimension, and away from the illusory space of traditional easel painting at Hus Gallery