This week’s artists are contemplating personas.
* * *
1. David Lefebvre paints his memories, including glitches at Galerie Zurcher
2. Sebastian Cortés’ series Sidhpur: Time Present Time Past forms the first in-depth photographic exploration of the Bohra Islamic community in Sidhpur, a little-known small town in Gujarat at Tasveer
3. Ayo Scott’s recent work focuses on leveraging technology to create a symbiosis between the analog and the digital. He achieves this through a reflexive technique that begins with digital collaging and juxtaposition of distinct elements drawn from European masters, African masks and popular iconography at Octavia Art Gallery
4. “Women of today are assaulted by a continuous stream of media bytes dictating how we should look, think, and purchase. My latest paintings are part of my ‘Persona’ series and through them I explore the ‘masks’ women wear in their quest to discover their true selves.” at Scott Richards Contemporary Art
5. Jordan Matter captures fantastical moments of daily life Savin Museum
6. Stephen O’Donnell’s curious self-portraits present the artist guised as various historicized figures, from pre-revolutionary French aristocrats to Spanish grandees and mythological heroes at Winston Wachter Fine Art