There’s an underlying importance of line and layers in this week’s gallery picks.
* * *
1. Focusing on systems and patterns, Joe Lloyd’s paintings appear highly composed; however, the choices he makes are spontaneous and experimental at Western Project
2. Providing a fresh narrative to the exhibition space, Summer Mixer artists present traditional and new-media works, featuring painting, weaving, collage, and digital art techniques at Joshua Liner Gallery
3. Hand pulled prints by creators from Latin America who have left their mark on the international arena at Praxis
4.The works that constitute the core visual component of the Vita E Morte are images of nature (or images of man’s representation of nature) that have been databent at Subliminal Projects
5. Soojung Park creates luminous linear abstractions that play on contrasts of various textures, flatness and space, buoyancy and heft at Ruth Bachofner Gallery
6. Cycles and Spires explores the cyclical nature of life and death through continual motion in different mediums at galerie102