As we settle into 2014, the art of reflection reigns supreme in this week’s gallery picks.
* * *
1. Shezad Dawood’s work explores the multiple possibilities engendered by the play between cultures, histories and fictions at Paradise Row
2. Zio Ziegler’s mesmerizing patterns at Artists Republic 4 Tomorrow
3. A Collective Reflection at Ruiz-Healy Art
4. Leo Xu combine’s Chinese middle-class’s worn-out windows with the paintings of western style architecture behind them at Leo Xu Projects
5. In Mayumi Hamanaka and Brooks Salzwedel’s work, the vulnerability of our environments, histories and memories is brought to the forefront at Johansson Projects
6. Combining Chinese middle-class’s worn-out windows with the paintings of western style architecture behind them at Ana Cristea Gallery