This week’s gallery picks explore global and cultural issues in diverse textural form.
* * *
1. Steven Baldi takes over this week at “Territory” at Thomas Duncan Gallery
2. Scott Olson’s painting practice is rooted in a deep fascination with painting’s materials, tools, and history at Wallspace
3. Thomas Ruff’s abstract “photograms” and “ma.r.s” photographs at David Zwirner
4. Rachel Owens creates fascinating patchworks that address global and environmental concerns at Track 13 Gallery
5. Jason Hackenwerth’s Pisces sculpture is made out of 10,000 balloons at Edinburgh International Science Festival
6. Andrew Kau’s striking chart paintings in “You Say Tomato” at Malborough Chelsea