Contemplating the nature of ourselves and of the environment in this week’s gallery picks.
* * *
1. The tremendous innovation of Japanese fashion designers who have revolutionized the way we think of fashion today is the focus of this special exhibition,”Future Beauty” at Seattle Art Museum
2. Held In Air presents new works by Danielle Rante, stemming from her time in residence in northern Iceland, where geographic extremes exist in this small land mass have profound effects on earth’s surface, hundreds of thousands of miles away at K. Imperial Fine Art
3. Striations, featuring new work by Kia Neill and Margaret Withers, explores the way in which form and pattern shape the natural world at G Gallery
4. “Sin Fronteras”, a collection of works by Mexico City’s Neter Collective at Antler
5. Sylvia Ji’s “Interwoven” features new acrylic paintings on wood inspired by Mexican textile and female figurative elements at FFDG
6. Blending into their surroundings and changing the landscapes at chashama