Our gallery picks for the week reveal vibrant textures, both in physical and visceral form. Enjoy.
* * *
1. In Ben Barretto’s Self Help, he presents his series of works ‘making’ themselves at The Popular Workshop
2. Marisa Purcell’s lovely, dreamy abstracts at Edwina Corlette
3. Coke Wisdom O’Neal’s latest photographs the result of unlikely circumstances, namely Superstorm Sandy at Mixed Greens
4. Nick Cave’s colorful horses come to life at Grand Central Terminal
5. A multimedia exhibition from artist and fashion designer Henrik Vibskov at Galerie des Galeries
6. José Parlá’s stream of consciousness via Yuka Tsuruno Gallery