Just two years ago, we noticed Blackmilk making waves throughout the legging industry. Since that summer, competitors have popped up throughout the globe, creating colorful athletic lines to support active lifestyles. This phenomenon made sportswear more colorful and fashionable, not to mention, extremely wearable as everyday attire. Here are a few pieces that reflect this trend. You’ll notice florals, pattern blocking, geometrics, camouflage, and abstract textures.
* * *
1. Alala makes sportswear luxurious through clean and elegant design, using expressive ink-like marks to add a refined, artistic feel in their Spring/Summer 2014 Collection.
2. Nike teams up with Liberty of London to add a splash of floral neon in their Womens Quickstrike Pack sneaker collection.
3. Lucas Hugh’s combination of florals, geometric patterns and architectural lines ultimately create colorful, flattering silhouettes for workout attire in his Spring/Summer 2014 Collection.
4. The Seea Calafia Leggings made by Without Walls finds the right balance between form and function. The leggings, consisting of an abstracted graphic floral print, are also ideal for several sports activities and even covers up to UPF 50+ for max sun protection.
5. Another example of Without Walls’ ability to strike a balance between form and function: comfortable, quick-dry polyester and breathable cotton in a classic camo print for men in their Undefeated Camo Run Tight.
6. Live The Process printed leggings + bra top is an example of a more classic, feminine floral print, but through the lens of a subdued palette.
7. Without Walls Printed Drop-Inseam Pant is an example of one of their louder, brighter, geometric patterns.
8. Sweaty Betty Chandrasana Yoga Leggings – while these leggings are made with the intention of use for Downward-Facing Dog, the shades of blue placed in various geometric blocks gives an added style statement to your practice.